- What’s the meaning of fearless?
- What is the opposite of frugal?
- What does untamed mean?
- What does gallant lies mean?
- What is gallant and valiant?
- What is the synonym for Gallant?
- What is the meaning of Valiant?
- What is the opposite of Gallant?
- What is the meaning of cowardly?
- How does the use of the word gallant add to the meaning of the sentence?
- Can a woman be gallant?
- What is another word for mediocre?
- What is a synonym for aloof?
- What part of speech is Gallant?
- What is the opposite of sacrosanct?
- What does veranda mean?
- How do you become Gallant?
What’s the meaning of fearless?
free from fear : brave: free from fear : brave..
What is the opposite of frugal?
frugal. Antonyms: profuse, luxurious, extravagant, prodigal, self-indulgent, intemperate. Synonyms: sparing, economical, parsimonious, abstinent, abstemious, temperate, saving, thrifty, provident.
What does untamed mean?
: not made less wild or less difficult to control : not tamed untamed animals the untamed wilderness untamed hair.
What does gallant lies mean?
“We mothers are so proudOf our dead soldiers.” Then her face was bowed. ‘ … The mother is a ‘poor old dear’ to him to which he can tell ‘gallant lies’. This means that the “home front” as it was called, was completely removed from the realities of War, unaware of the real problems with which the soldiers were battling.
What is gallant and valiant?
is that valiant is showing courage or determination; heroic while gallant is brave, valiant or gallant can be polite and attentive to ladies; courteous to women; chivalrous.
What is the synonym for Gallant?
SYNONYMS FOR gallant 1 valorous, courageous, heroic, bold, daring, intrepid. 2 chivalrous, courteous. SEE SYNONYMS FOR gallant.
What is the meaning of Valiant?
(Entry 1 of 2) 1 : possessing or acting with bravery or boldness : courageous valiant soldiers. 2 : marked by, exhibiting, or carried out with courage or determination : heroic valiant feats.
What is the opposite of Gallant?
The word, ‘gallant’ is an adjective which means ‘brave/ heroic’. The word, coward’ is a noun as well as an adjective. The adjective means ‘excessively afraid of danger or pain’.
What is the meaning of cowardly?
1. Cowardly, timid, timorous refer to a lack of courage or self-confidence. Cowardly means weakly or basely fearful in the presence of danger: The cowardly wretch deserted his comrades in battle.
How does the use of the word gallant add to the meaning of the sentence?
How does the use of the word gallant add to the meaning of the sentence? It suggests the enemy is planning a surprise. It shows that the enemy is in a weakened state. … It suggests that the enemy is courageous.
Can a woman be gallant?
The word can also describe one who is chivalrous or particularly respectful in their treatment of women. … In more modern parlance, we might describe a gallant as a ladies’ man, but the former may seek to court women less ardently than the latter.
What is another word for mediocre?
SYNONYMS FOR mediocre 1 undistinguished, commonplace, pedestrian, everyday; run-of-the-mill. 2 meager, low-quality, second-rate; so-so.
What is a synonym for aloof?
Some common synonyms of aloof are detached, disinterested, incurious, indifferent, and unconcerned.
What part of speech is Gallant?
gallantpart of speech:adjectivepart of speech:nounpronunciation:g laent [or] g lantdefinition 1:a courageous, spirited, or chivalrous man. synonyms: hero, valiant similar words: cavalier, knight, paladin, warriordefinition 2:a fashionable or courtly young man. similar words: beau, cavalier, dandy, dude, fop12 more rows
What is the opposite of sacrosanct?
Antonyms of SACROSANCT nonreligious, unhallowed, deconsecrated, unspiritual, irreverent, unconsecrated, blasphemous, secular, sacrilegious, mundane, worldly, temporal, earthly, profane.
What does veranda mean?
usually roofed open gallery: a usually roofed open gallery or portico attached to the exterior of a building.
How do you become Gallant?
1) Gallantry in a relationshipThe years have passed, remember to be always gallant.Relive the emotions of the first date: the place and the emotions.Offer roses, or the flowers she prefers.Return to the dating place, and have fun!Show her that she is always unique; of course, she is.More items…